Before I present to you the beautiful entries that I received for the sweet series chikki and laddu, I would like to announce the next roundup.
Sweet series - Deep fried or steam cooked sweets
Please read the following rules before sending your entries.
1. Cook anything sweet that come under the category of this month - 'Deep fried or steam cooked sweets' and post the recipe with picture on your blog. The sweet that you are sending must be either deep fried or steam cooked only. Example, boondhi laddu, jangri, jilabi etc for deep fried and kozhukattai, modhaka etc for steam cooked sweets.
2. Multiple entries welcome. Your entries can be from your archives. All you need to do is edit that post and add a link to this announcement. But it will be really fun to create a new dish!
3. If you are sending from your archives, create a new post and add a link to your entries and this announcement. You do not have to rewrite the recipe. This is just to bring to the notice of your visitors, so they can send in their entries. - This is optional.
4. Feel free to use the logo.
5. The sweet needs to be vegetarian (no egg no meat).
6. Please send an e-mail to sweetseries at paajaka dot com with the following details on or before Oct 10, 2008. Henceforth it will be 10th of every month and not month end to submit your entries.
* Subject Line: Deep fried or steam cooked sweets
* Blog author:
* Blog name:
* Dish Name:
* URL to the post:
* A picture of the dish (250 pixel width).- Please send only JPG files.
7. Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the round up.
8. The roundup of sweet series - deep fried / steam cooked sweets (not spongy) will be posted within one week after deadline. Thank you and looking forward to all your enthusiastic participation once again.
Here is the round up of Sweet series - Chikki and Laddu (not deep fried)
A big thank you to all my friends who sent in their entries for the sweet series - chikki and laddu. The entries I received this time brought back my childhood memories. Thank you so much for sending in your lovely entries. Here is the roundup of the different chikki and laddus (not deep fried).
1. Nut bars by Labna Karim of Yummy food
2. Cashewnut chikki by Sukanya Ramkumar of Hot n' sweet bowl
3. Gond burfi by Rupali jain of North ki rasoi se
4. Til Burfi chikki by Skribles of Food with a pinch of love
5. Sesame chikki by Jayasree of Experiements in Kailas kitchen
6. Ellu urundai by Padmajha of Seduce your tastebuds
7. Nutty surprise by Dershana of The Footloose Chef
8. Kamarkat by Srimathi of Few minute wonders
9. Peanut Chikki by Srimathi of Few minute wonders
1. Urad laddu by Yasmeen of Healthnut - Are you eating nature's best?
2. Sunnundalu by Saroja of Kitchen kollections
3. Tambit ladoo by Sheetalof Sweety my kitchen
4. Moongdal laddu by EC of Simple Indian food
5. Wheat flour laddu by EC of Simple Indian food
6. Rava ladoo by Sireesha of Mom's recipies
7. Chigali unde by Lakshmi of Taste of Mysore
8. Siru ma laddu by Usha of Samaikalam vanga
9. Maledi undi by Sheetal of Sweety my kitchen
10. Rava Laddoo by Padmajha of Seduce your tastebuds
11. Sathu maavu urundai by Jayasree of Experiments in Kailas kitchen
12. Wheat flour laddu by Sireesha of Mom's recipies
13. maa laddu - pottu kadalai urundai by Nags of Edible garden
14. Wheat flour laddu by Archy of Archy's recipes
15. Kuler bajra laddoo by Meera of Enjoy Indian food
16. Coconut laddu by Bhawana of Tastes of India
17. Wheat flour laddu with ghee residue by Mythreyee of Paajaka recipes
18. Rava laddu by Pavani of Food lovers
19. Moong laddu by Uma of Essense of Andra
20. Rava laddu by Sujatha of Spicy Khazana
21. Dates Ladoo by Priti of Indian Khana
22. Wheat flower laddu by Maheswari of Beyond the usual
Previous Sweet series roundup:
Please let me know if any of your entry is not included in this roundup. Thank you friends and looking forward for your enthusiastic participation once again for sweets that are deepfried or steam cooked.