Before I present to you the wonderful deep fried and steam cooked sweets that I received, I would like to announce the next roundup.
Sweet series - Milk sweets with spongy texture
Please read the following rules before sending your entries.
1. Cook anything sweet that come under the category of this month - 'Milk sweets with spongy texture' and post the recipe with picture on your blog. The sweet that you are sending must be spongy with milk as the main ingredient. Example, gulab jamun, ras malai, rasgulla etc
NOTE: Please do not include sweets like peda, koa or any burfi or halwa . Though they might be milk sweets, I want to include them in a separate category in sweet series. Click here for sweet series categories.
2. Multiple entries welcome. Your entries can be from your archives. All you need to do is edit that post and add a link to this announcement. But it will be really fun to create a new dish!
3. If you are sending from your archives, create a new post and add a link to your entries and this announcement. You do not have to rewrite the recipe. This is just to bring to the notice of your visitors, so they can send in their entries. - This is optional.
4. Feel free to use the logo.
5. The sweet needs to be vegetarian (no egg no meat). The dish can be deep fried or baked etc. The final product should have a spongy texture.
6. Please send an e-mail to sweetseries at paajaka dot com with the following details on or before Nov 10, 2008.
(please copy the same format given below)
* Subject Line: Milk sweets (spongy texture)
* Blog author:
* Blog name:
* Dish Name:
* URL to the post:
* A picture of the dish (any size) - Please send only JPG files.
7. Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the round up.
8. The roundup of this event will be posted within one week after deadline. Thank you and looking forward to all your enthusiastic participation once again.
Here comes the sweet and tempting roundup of Deep fried and steam cooked sweets. Thank you friends, for sending in your entries. There are recipes for sweets which we think can only be store bought. Bookmark those recipes of sweets that you usually buy from stores. Try it. All recipes here are tried and tested by fellow bloggers. Be proud of your preperation.
For bigger size click on the image
Deep fried sweets
Deep fried sweets
1. Sweet puri by Divya Vikram of Dil se
2. Sweet sevory by Uma of Essence of Andhra
3. Modak by Medhaa of Cook with love
4. Seeyam by Priya Suresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty recipes
5. Jangiri by Priya Suresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty recipes
6. Beetroot ghargis by Anjali.J of The big bite
7. Jhangri by EC of Simple Indian food
8. Appam by EC of Simple Indian food
9. Jalebis by EC of Simple Indian food
10. Vella cheedai by Sunshinemom of Tongue ticklers
11. Sukhiyan by Dershana of The Footloose Chef
12. Mixed flour Athirasam by Srivalli of Cooking 4 all seasons
13. Athirasam Divya Vikram of Dil se
14. Coconut biscuits by G.Pavani of Food lovers
15. Kariyalu - Kajjikayalu by Pallavi of All thingz yummy
16. Karigadubu - Karjikayi by Ramya of Mane adige
17. Adirasam by Jayasree of Kailas kitchen
18. fried - Sweet lola by Alka keswani of Sindhi rasoi
19. Naanu maanu by Radhika of Tickling palates
20. Boondi ladoo by Cham of Spice club
21. Kadabu by Bhagyashri of Taste buds
22. Jeera poli by Mythreyee of Paajaka recipes
23. Boondhi Laddu by Mythreyee of Paajaka recipes
24. Kahirakai by Radhika of Tickling palates
25. Soiyam by Kamalika Krishmy of Janaki Patti's kitchen
26. Paniyaram by Aartee of Nalabagham
27. Pazham pori by Aartee of Nalabagham
28. Appam by Vidya SB of Delectable vegetarian recipes
29. banana sweet appam by Sujatha of Spicy khazana
30. Rawa Puffs by Geeta of Payt Pooja
31. Gujjiyas by Shal Singh of Shail
32. Khajuriya by Shal Singh of Shail
Steam cooked sweets
1. Modhakamby by Srimathi of Few minute wonders
2. Ukdiche Modak by Supriya of Queen of my kitchen
3.Ukadiche Modak by Meera of Enjoy Indian food
4. Ragiflour Sweet Dumplings by Priya Suresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
5. Thenga paal kozhukattai by Priya Suresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
6. Kozhukattai by Miri of Peppermill
7.Kozhukattai by Dershana of The Footloose Chef
8.Money purse modakam by Dershana of The Footloose Chef
9. Sweet kaduvu by PJ of Seduce your tastebuds
10. Sweet puttu by Divya Vikram of Dil se
11. Bhappa doi by Sowmya of Creative saga
12. Kudumulu by Sireesha of Mom's recipies
13.Modak by Mansi of Fun and Food
14. Kozhukattai by Mythreyee of Paajaka recipes
Prvious Sweet series roundup:
Puran poli / Sweet chapathi roti
Chikki and Laddu
Click here for sweet series categories